Monday, October 27, 2014

Laughing out Loud

Ever have a moment when you recall something funny and find yourself chuckling to Yourself. OUTLOUD. ALONE. IN A CROWDED STORE.
ME NEITHER!! ....




Today. I. Did. Just. That.




With all the hub-bub about Halloween Scares around...they made me reflect on something that happened here, in my own home, a few years back.




In fact, as I write this, I am giggling.




Shortly after being released from the hospital following my heart attack, I was trying to creatively deal with my memory loss.


To better help you understand, indulge my ramble......
Every day was like waking up in the movie "Groundhog Day". If you haven't seen it, Bill Murray goes through an ordeal which causes him to re-live the SAME DAY OVER AND OVER AGAIN.


As the story progresses, every morning he wakes up and has to figure out what day it is and where/who he is. UNLIKE the movie, I am not like Ol' Bill. Mr. Murray figures out how to anticipate and manipulate this circumstance to his advantage.


Every day, I would wake up. Struggle to determine what day and date it was, where I was and why I couldn't determine simple information. I would write notes at night... Only to either forget where I put said notes or ..that I even wrote such note.
  I am a fighter and am determine to succeed..... Those who know me well can attest to this fact.


So....... Once Brad went back to work... My rationale kicked in......
...if I started my morning.... Every day in the bathroom... Why not put my"notes" right there in the bathroom where I could find them.


Makes sense. Doesn't it? Right??




WWWRRROONNNGGGG!!




What I hadn't taken into consideration during my 30 minute planning session in the bathroom - In which I thought using a dry erase marker on the mirror to leave myself notes for the next day was BRILLIANT -
was that Brad would awaken to see this catastrophe, which I fondly referred to as my "work in progress".....
Brad, however, did not refer to it quite as fondly...........


In fact, he walked into the bathroom in the middle of the night and thought he'd found himself in the middle of a horror film.




Looking back, yes. It would appear as the plannings of either a mass murderer or serial killer.... Especially since I had used a RED dry erase marker...ALL OVER THE ENTIRE MIRROR!!




As I write about this, I can't help but laugh out loud. In fact, no matter where I am when this comes to mind, I laugh until I am in tears.




The good news is that my "Groundhog" days are few and far between these days. Good for me.




Better for Brad.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to say "Hey". Glad you stopped by.